With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend.
You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, March 17th – Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 10am – Attend St. Patrick’s Day with a parade in Cooper Young
- 12pm – Celebrate with beer, music, and food at Overton Square, the Brass Door, Celtic Crossing, Murphy’s, Bardog Tavern, or Silky’s
- 2pm – Go Green at Ghost River
- 5pm – Participate in the Raising of the Goat on Beale Street, celebrate at the Flying Saucer, Max’s Sports Bar, Patrick’s, eighty3, go to a Crawfish Boil at Sweet Grass, a St. Patrick’s Day Wine tasting, Cocktails for a Cause to benefit Collage Dance Collective, the Memphis Fine Craft Rendezvous, or take the kids to a family-friendly celebration at Trolley Stop Market
- 7pm – Drink more green beer at The Casual Pint, catch free music at Wiseacre, or go to a Voices Variety Show
- 8pm – Play St. Patrick’s Day Cerrito Bingo, see The Band Camino at 1884 Lounge, Reverend Horton Heat at New Daisy Theatre, Don Bryant with The Bo-Keys at Loflin Yard or catch music at Growlers
- 9pm – See a Freaky Friday Comedy Show, catch The Po Boys at The Dirty Crow, Ammunition at Local St. Patty’s Day, or Deering & Down at BAR DKDC