With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Friday, September 30th
- 12pm – Start the weekend early with Food Truck Friday at the Dixon or celebrate Fall with a special lunch at Loflin Yard.
- 5pm – Head to Overton Square for The Bona Fide Blues Festival.
- 7pm – Stop by #LPBash at Loflin Yard, go to Vin-A-Que at the Brooks Museum, celebrate South Main Trolley Night’s Sweet Sixteen, see The Cult at Minglewood Hall, or catch Opera Memphis’ last performance for 30 Days of Opera at the Levitt Shell.
- 8pm – Go to the 10th annual Memphis Salsa and Bachata Convention or play some bingo at Memphis Made.
Sunday, October 2nd
- 12pm – Enjoy brunch and a pop-up shop at Fuel, stop by the Vintage Show at the Agricenter, or help the Winchester Farmer’s Market celebrate their ten year anniversary.
- 2:30pm – Take in a Memphis Symphony Orchestra performance, watch Spamalot at The Harrell Theatre, or go to Hammer & Ale’s Oktoberfest.
- 6pm – See Josh Cosby at Celtic Crossing or stop by Lady Parts Justice Taco Fest.
- 7pm – Go to This Is Memphis at the Levitt Shell.
- 8pm – Listen to Anderson East at Minglewood Hall, Doug Stanhope at the New Daisy, or Strange Wave Connection at Lafayette’s.