With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Saturday, November 5th
- 10am – Spend the day at India Fest 2016, do some early shopping at A Step Ahead Foundation’s Holiday Bazaar, take the kids to Red Grooms Community Day at the Brooks Museum, or compete in a Chili Cook-Off in Overton Square.
- 1pm – Hang out at the Indie Memphis Film Festival all day, go to a Harvest Festival, watch football on Loflin Yard‘s big screen all afternoon, take a City Tasting Tour, or make sure you’re at the South Side Park Dedication.
- 3pm – Go to Carpenter Art Garden’s Block Party with Lawrence Matthews, listen to music at the Harbortown Amphitheater’s River Series, or cheer on the Memphis Tigers.
- 5pm – Take a wildlife photography workshop, go to Thom Katsura Opening Receptionat the Botanic Garden, get ready to participate in a Cornhole Challenge, or enjoy the grand opening of the Ghost River Tap Room.
- 7pm – Watch The Marriage of Figaro at GPAC, get your party on in the CLOUD, go to the 2016 Memphis Masquerade Gala, enjoy a Good Food Revival, take in a performance of Uplift!, or get ready for mewithoutYou at Minglewood Hall.
- 10pm – Go to Salsa Saturday’s at the Rumba Room, see Sinbad at Chuckles Comedy House, or listen to live music at Lafayette’s, Bar DKDC, or Newby’s.