With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure! The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Saturday, November 12th
- 10am – Do some early holiday shopping at Meeman-Shelby Forest’s Fall Festival, Main Street Collierville’s Holiday Open House, or The Junior League of Memphis’ Merry Marketplace.
- 12pm – Take the kids to Open Farm Day at ARK Farms, have some coffee at Memphis’ first Bark Bistro, hang out at Memphis Flyer’s 2016 Crafts & Drafts, or go to Memphis International Raceway’s Pre-Thanksgiving Bash.
- 2pm – Go to Shangri-La Record’s The Purgening III, spend the afternoon at Community Day at Melrose, watch University of Memphis’ Department of Theatre & Dance perform at Momentum Dance Concert 2016, or Fall Into Art with the whole family.
- 5pm – Go to the opening reception of Memphis Minimalism, celebrate Summer Drive-In’s 50th birthday with a Time Warp, tailgate before the Memphis Tigers game, go to the last Pandemonium Cinema Showcase, or make plans for dinner at a participating Downtown Dining Week restaurant.
- 7pm – Get ready for a BYOB Grizzlies Watch Party at Cafe Eclectic, go to Pinot’s Palette Paint ‘N Sip Night at The 101, enjoy Wolf River Conservancy’s Greenway Soiree, or listen to Jamey Johnson at Minglewood Hall.
- 10pm – Listen to Three Star Revival at Lafayette’s, Marcella & Her Lovers at Bar DKDC, or Six String Loversat Brookhaven Pub.