The Memphis Grizzlies NBA 2016 – 2017 season begins this week. While many (most?) bars around town will tune in to the Grizzlies on TV, here are some of the more popular places for fans to gather if it’s an away game or you can’t make it to FexExForum.
Here’s a quick list, sorted by neighborhood (generally). I’ve included my random thoughts and comments.
– Aldo’s – both midtown and downtown locations
– Alex’s Tavern – dive bar, sports bar, underrated bbq and ribs
– The Bayou – plenty of TVs and a few projector screens
– Local on the Square
– Sweet Grass Next Door – service is slow but it remains a hot spot to watch games
– Young Avenue Deli – service can be slow if it’s crowded, and double check that they’re showing Grizz if there’s also a fight that night