With all the great things going on in the 901 these days, have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? Well, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a weekly post called The Weekender, filled with a handy schedule to help you hit some of our best bets for an amazing weekend. You can follow this schedule to a T, or use it as a launching point to plan your own adventure!
The Weekender is not meant to be exhaustive, but will include our suggestions to help you plan the weekend ahead.
Saturday, September 26th
- 8am – Enjoy made-to-order pancakes and other breakfast foods at the newly opened Staks Pancake Kitchen
- 10am – Check out the Sidewalk Sale on Broad Avenue
- 12pm – Enjoy lunch and enter the stein-hoisting contest at Schweinhaus’ Oktoberfest event
- 1pm – Looking for something family-friendly? Take your kids to this free acting workshop, to the Metal Museum repair days, to the Midsouth Maze, to Priddy Farms, or to Rock-n-Romp
- 4pm – See “Almost Elton John” and celebrate the annual Pride Festival and Parade (parade starts at 5pm)
- 6pm – Catch the one and only Jerry Lee Lewis parading down Beale St. to celebrate his 80th birthday.
- 7pm – See the last night of this Graceland Too tribute show at Crosstown Arts and walk a few doors down to make sure you stop by the #SeeJustice show at Co-Motion
- 8pm – End the night with live music at the HiTone as part of Gonerfest