We recently approached Jackie Nichols, Executive Director of Playhouse on the Square, Memphis’ professional actors theater based in Overton Square, and asked him to share his Top 5 Reasons that Overton Square is the Perfect Theater District.
Here’s what he came up with:
- Great restaurants in walking distance to the theatre. Park once.
- Centrally located for those living out east or downtown.
- Midtown has a great history of new and exciting theatre created of, by, and for Memphians.
- Other great cultural opportunities surrounding the Theatre District, such as the Brooks, Levitt Shell, the Zoo, Memphis College of Art…
- Safe, well-lit parking; this will be even better after the new garage is built.